Translate

Saturday 9 April 2016

One state done.....

.... only 49 more to go! lol!

Alabama ... Audemus jura nostra defendre (We dare defend our rights) ...State motto coined in 1923.

The 22nd State to join the Union, on December 14, 1819.

"Alabama is a southeastern U.S. state that’s home to significant landmarks from the American Civil Rights Movement. The city of Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church, now a museum, was a protest headquarters in the 1960s. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s church and the Rosa Parks Museum, dedicated to the activist, can be found in the capital of Montgomery.



America, Land that we love
Jean Farish Designs
28 ct linen
Mainly the suggested DMC threads

"Alabama is a southeastern U.S. state that’s home to significant landmarks from the American Civil Rights Movement. The city of Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church, now a museum, was a protest headquarters in the 1960s. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s church and the Rosa Parks Museum, dedicated to the activist, can be found in the capital of Montgomery.

CapitalMontgomery
Colleges and UniversitiesUniversity of Alabama






TraderVic and I have actually been to Alabama, we did a day trip down to the Space museum in Huntsville when were staying with our friends in Nashville - it is certainly a beautiful state.




Hopefully, I will finish Alaska tomorrow night (my next 'Merica Monday stitching night) and get started on the next "A" state - I think maybe it is Arizona but I could be wrong - I will let you know - are there any other "A" states?  Not sure, but I think that I am going to know them all very well by the time I am done!

hugs, Kaye

Note:  Just googled it and yes, Arizona is next but I forgot about the fourth "A" state - Arkansas!


3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Well done, Kaye. Yes, the next is Arizona and then there will be Arkansas. I was just looking it up on my America Sampler which is lying next to me, lol.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching!

Carm said...

Wow, what a great sampler and way to learn all our states, too!