Translate

Thursday 27 August 2015

New to This Blog

   This is my first post to this blog and I want to thank Kaye for letting me join in the fun.  I have been stitching Americana for as long as I have been stitching and it is wonderful to be able to give it a place of its own.
  My 2 favorite pieces are ones I stitched for my husband for Christmas, thankfully not in the same year!  I stitched 272 Words by Primrose Needleworks one year,



and the following year I gave him One Nation by Bygone Stitches.



They are both now hanging together in our dining room.

   I currently have two pieces in my rotation that can be called Americana. This is my meager start on Old Glory by Rosewood Manor.


It has moved into the 'stitch group piece' spot since I've finished the piece that was in that spot and only gets worked on a couple of times a week. It won't be finished this year but maybe next.  The other piece I am working on is Liberty Inn by Plum Street Designs.



Again, still early days so not a lot to show.
  So there you have it.  Hope to have some good progress to show sometime soon!!

Laura
llknbillburg.blogspot.com




6 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful pieces, Laura :-)

Shelly said...

Nice big pieces of Americana, Laura. They all look great!

Ariadne said...

Great stitched pieces!AriadnefromGreece!

Brigitte said...

You have two really nice WIPs on the go.

Kaisievic said...

Laura, I am so happy to have you join our blog and I can see that you are going to have lots of fun with it -that is for sure! Two wonderful finished pieces and your two WIPs are lovely, as well.

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely stitching! Your finished pieces are amazing... looking forward to seeing the other pieces progress :o)
Hugs xx